Sunday, March 15, 2009

Hello World

I've been squatting on this blogspot URL for a few months and the time is right to get moving.

For those of you who don't know me, my name is Cheryl McKinnon. I've spent most of my career in the technology space generally known as "Enterprise Content Management". I do not consider myself to be a geek, techie or propeller head. I've been professionally trained as an historian. My passion is the meaningful use, preservation and protection of the electronic residue of our society: the personal and professional artifacts of the online communication in which we all now engage.

My current area of interest is helping organizations understand the risks and rewards of adopting a more social / "2.0" /collaborative approach to information exchange in the real-life business world. After years of living online in my personal sphere, the time is right to extend into the professional.

More info on my publications, speaking engagements and professional background on my LinkedIn profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/cherylmckinnon

No comments:

Post a Comment